SLS Microfinance Bank is looking for a Product Manager for our Software Development projects. This position will define the product roadmaps and manage multiple, concurrent, key software technology projects.
Product management responsibilities include the ideation and product lifecycle, resource coordination, version release, and timely project completion, within budget and scope. A major focus of this role will be driving the software vision, coordinating development, quality, and deployment to deliver meaningful solutions for our clients’ needs. You will be responsible to coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are delivered to fulfill our commitments.
This would be a good fit for you if:
- You have a background in technology or software development.
- You have your PMP certification or have started the process of obtaining this certification.
- You enjoy creating new processes and structures and feel comfortable in roles that aren't well defined.
- You are enthusiastic, flexible, and willing to learn new tasks and skills in a quickly growing and evolving company.
What you'll do:
- Demonstrate creative thinking by partnering with our clients to drive business competitive advantage through software and technology solutions.
- Build and maintain productive cross-functional relationships with an ability to translate business requirements into effective technology solutions.
- Lead the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification technique.
- Negotiate with technology vendors on behalf of the company.
- Deliver client delight as measured through regular engagement.
- Demonstrate effective leadership and participate as an effective team player.
- Perform independent research, attend online or in-person conferences and training as required to drive innovation.
What you have:
- A Bachelor's degree in technology or a related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in technology/software development project management
- Exposure to manufacturing environments
- PMP certification (Progress towards certification completion will be considered).
- A strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- A positive attitude and advanced interpersonal/customer service skills.